This site contains a brief history of my education and professional experience. I have included samples of my work along with information about:
- Education - I graduated from Lafayette College in Easton, PA in May 2004 with a degree in mechanical engineering and a minor in finance. This part of my web site contains links to various classes
I have taken at Lafayette. It is organized by subject matter and contains many examples.
- Professional Experience - I currently work for Rabobank International in the Portfolio Management Group. Previously
I worked for Reuters Loan Pricing Corporation in the Collateralized Debt Obligation (CDO) Group. This part of my web site contains information about the my current role and previous positions.
- Technical Skills - Throughout my educational and professional experience, I have learned and used many different kinds of computer programs for a variety of projects. This part of my web site contains information about the various programs I have learned and has many examples of how I used each program.
Since graduating from Lafayette with an engineering degree, I have made a career in the field of structured finance and the following details my areas of interest:
- Structured Finance - I currently help manage a portfolio structured finance instruments including collateralized debt obligations (CDO) and residential mortgage backed securities (RMBS). This area of my site briefly describes the various structured finance instruments and explains in detail the reason for and benefits of CDOs.
- Derivatives - An ever increasing number of financial products rely heavily on the use of derivatives and this part of my web site briefly describes their use and how they make the financial markets more efficient.
- CFA Program - The Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) program is recognized as the standard for measuring the competence and integrity of investment professionals. The CFA Program’s self-study curriculum is well suited for those working full-time which is why I am registered to take the level III exam in June 2010. This section of my web site contains an overview of the program and useful links.